Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1993 Sidekick 16 Valve 4X4
OK I am back at this again. 1993 Sidekick lost engine a few months back due to cracked head and heat seizing. Swapped in a 1998 1.6 esteem motor with under 100K. In order to swap I had to change oil pan and pickup, swap cam and both crank and cam sprockets, swap the water pipe under the intake, new WP and timing kit and finally the accessory mounts. Checked valve lash and it was in spec. First off the motor fired up immediately after priming the oil pump still rattled a bit up top but quieted down a bit, but it still doesnt sound right. It will not rev up and just bogs when I press the accelerator to the floor and idles like it has a massive cam in it. It is the only thing I have to drive at the moment and any help would be appreciated. Yes CEL is on and I will pull codes when I get home but I was wondering if by changing the esteem cam and crank sprockets out for the sidekicks it screwed up the valve timing due to the differences. Thanks in advance!!!!

Also I can not find the second vacuum hose for the EGR valve. Does anyone have a schematic on where these hoses go?
the crank sprocket is not found on any USA G16 in 1993 ever. the ECU has no wire to it ever. that year. Ckp.
the crank sensor is OBD2 feature, only.

is the head orifce not clogged. the left front hole in block matches a head gallery 3/16" and inside is the .050 screw in orfiice, it must not be clogged or the cam will burn up fast.
in 30min or less.
got top end oiling?, always check that first. (i even check that cranking with spark plugs pulled, and oil pressure at 55psi, just cranking,.. NO FIRE.

and compression but 170PSI or more? I do this engine on pallet, if fail back the engine goes. or fix it. there on the pallet. yes,im lazy,,,,, 3 checks on a pallet, then labor put it in..

the 1998 is fitted out with full OBD2 setup. sure.
is this 1998 a G16B and not a 1998 J18 engine?
same for same.? 16valve for 16valve 1.6L right? im sure both are, but had to ask on 98.

if all is well above. then make sure the MAF is not dead. see my maf page its easy to test.

next is spark timing, if cam is timed perfectly the distributor is next, near TDC , hood sticker tells setting degrees with timing freeze jumper planted in the DLC connector under hood.
sure on hoses,

back later
back now. overheated bucking a tree...
ok cold shower.. ah.
my main page see EFI parts.identifer
http://www.fixkick.com/find-parts.html

then here. under G16b early
see title under 92-96 G16b, all hoses shown. see red spinners/
first 3 cover all hoses on engine water and vacuum and fuel.
http://www.fixkick.com