Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny (not Ha-Ha!) Turn Signals
left front is shorted or has corrosion on any connector associated. to this lamp.

the side markers are not flashers.
sorry, so that means the park lamps are shorted to blinkers, parks are side, there are like 20 park lamps in car, counting cab.

now we have the trouble. why not remove that silly hack job first. the tow kit. its got wires crossed , i bet.

if its not connected now, that means they ripped it out. and that means,, out of what, and guessing, i say from the trailer connector behind left rear tail light is hacked up
surely you can inspect all 4 cornes and see where that tow harness was hacked to , at some time.
there will be your damage.
i never just go, gee its loose so ok, i go , gee its hacked, see all hack points. and see truth.
most are a mess. oldest story in world.

this..... Uhaul disease...

the schematic is clear, see that yet.
here it the link.
very simple easy problem.. clean up the mess first.

and you have DRL, has no park or blink relationships. good.

the side lights are not blinker, ever.
they are park lamps which is the same circuit as the HL relay output for park.
park is Red/yellow wire
someone, shorted the red/yellow park to blinkers, so would not that be the hack?

sure would, 99% of all hacks ive seen... taped wires, or BS wire nuts fell off.
or cannibal splices from H3LL
next is collision damage not fixed by hind any blinker light.

this can be fixed by inspecting behind all lamps. all that have park /tail near blink.

Left 'front side light and left front blinker lamps there, you will see damage. im sure.
cut wires.
taped funny
wire nuts.
splices not from suzuki, alien parts, and obvious non factory hacks, are a bingo, look at ME.

i wish they were all this easy.
http://www.fixkick.com
Follow-Up: I found a bad ground at the Left Front inner fender.

Took it apart, cleaned the lug, bolted it back up good and tight and LO! and BEHOLD! the left-front turn signal flashed brightly, at a normal rate, and the side-marker light no longer blinks!

I couldn't believe it! But am very glad it was a simple problem, because me and the underside of the dash weren't getting along so well!

Strangely enough, didn't find any wiring hacks, and the aftermarket trailer lights wiring harness was just strung all the way through & underneath, to the rear, with no connections to the vehicle wires. I'd imagine that when the previous owner towed the Tracker, they hooked up their harness at the front, and plugged in a set of lights at the back. Guess that worked OK.

But all the regular wiring is intact & in good condition, thank goodness! I even found the factory trailer light plug behind the tail lite, pretty cool! I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to find the factory trailer lights external harness to plug into that, though. But nice to have a handy place to connect aftermarket wiring to.

Thanks for all the help.........ed
'98 Tracker 4WD, 1.6-16V 4-door automatic, Scuba Blue (aka Scooby Blue)
A great discovery !!
the ground bad will cause the current to seek other paths, (least path of resistance rules)
if ground is open, the current tries to flow to the other element, in the bulb, and that makes things very dicey.
they share 1 ground, and if open current will back up. there.
with vary strange effects.
parks backing up to blinker module , ouch'
or blinks backing up to park feed. and the side marker too.

nice work !

suzuki have very bad ground systems.
if they had run the black wires to places that don't rust, then bingo ... but copper is expensive.
the 4door does this on the fuel pump ground , its in the cab left cargo bay and never fails. , unlike the 2door.
some folks in the salt belt add grounds to those weak spots and tie them to the fire wall ground,.
http://www.fixkick.com