Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidekick 4speed Automatic 03-72LE // Venting ATF // Capacity Question
that is vary hard to find out. (rare car )
no. that is not the procedure at all.

since the maker of the trans has no idea at all how much drains out. (the do try to guess sure)
what they did is under estimate the amount to put in, (so the poor person never has to drain out the over fill see?)
so 1.6qt is that, under filled on purpose page 26, (says dont drive clearly in the FSM)
then you add fluid until it checks right , hot in park (using the steps in the opr guide)

this is how it is done, on all A/T, same why, only the amount changes .
im sure your dip stick is ok. (it's not same as 3sp for sure)

fill it with 1.6qt, then top off per the operators guide, if trans oil does NOT foam up, leak or shoot out vents. then its ok. and shifts ok.
if not , time to buy a new dip rod.

i see your posts on other forums and the wrong answers they gave you,

here are the numbers. pre all pages if the book.

1.6qt, fill, then top off to get correct amount. (this covered on page 26 in the link above)
2.64 qt, is the maximum that MIGHT drain out, if waited for a week on a hot day, ? (pure theory this, and us USELESS data)!
7.3 qt , if 100% dry transmission and clutch were assembled.. (again useless top DIY drains)

now you have the FULL SPEC, ON ALL ACTIONS TAKEN ON ANY 4SP.

I'm, sorry i don't have dip stick measurements. and would be very hard to get. unless you can find a friendly 4sp owner.

my wifes 4sp drains about 2 qrts in say 5min , plug pulled, i measured it. and when i put back that same amount , all checks showed
on the stick were perfect.
but the stick on her car is stock. lock box stock.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sidekick 4speed Automatic 03-72LE // Venting ATF // Capacity Question - by fixkick - 05-02-2015, 02:18 AM