Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Several problems at once. Computer?
Thanks for the input helperbee! Looks like allot to go through and check. 4 door 4 speed by the way.

But now things have gotten even more weird. Went to go to the store tonight, and the truck didn't start. Didn't hear the fuel pump run. Checked the fuse block and found the 15A "ig coil meter" fuse blown. Put a 20A in (all I had) and it started right up, but almost immediately something started smoking under the hood and the fuse blew again. Tried to track down where the smoke came from, but was too late. Looked in the owners manual to see what the fuse was for (which was a long list of stuff), and one thing was "daytime running lights" that I didn't know it had. Went back under the hood and tried to inspect and move around the wire harness coming out of the firewall and along the sidewall to the headlights, looking for any bare or burnt wire. Nothing noticeable. Put another fuse in and looked to see if it would smoke again (I know, a little dangerous probably, but was too curious). Started right up, no smoke, no blown fuse. But the "daytime running lights" were on (a dash light said they were on also) and the battery light was off also! So, drove it to the store and got some new fuses and put the right one back in. While going to do that, the tranny started shifting like it's supposed to. ? Took it on a short highway drive, did fine mostly, but down shifted a few times. So I think there's definitely a wiring issue, but can that really have anything too do with the transmission?

Tomorrow I'm gonna take allot closer look all through that wire harness, and it's off shoots, and hopefully find something.

Oh, there's no belt slippage and I need to go back and have the alt. retested onboard. The fault reading they got about the voltage reg. was gibberish to me, so this time I'll write it down and post it later on. I suppose it might not show up now, since the light went out. Again, weird!

Thanks again for the help!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Several problems at once. Computer? - by Dannylee1971 - 03-13-2015, 02:06 PM