Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
put my 8v motor back in my tracker won't start
(02-03-2015, 01:43 AM)fixkick Wrote: wellm first is in my photo above., the pressure gauge screwed in to main oil gallery, the oil sender removed.
this is first. i never start a dry engine ever.
if engine is in car, and starter mounted (can do it engine on floor too , even engine on pallet)+ a battery
if it hits 50 then its ready.
next, off the valve cover, crank engine until you get top end oiling,
(the cam shaft drips in oil, if not ,the cam will seize fast, running. never guess, do these simple tests and save you new engine.

one guy used china head gasket, with no marks,
my felpo is marked UP.
if gasket is wrong, it blocks the head feed, 0.050" orifice head gallery.
doing that tests are like 5min each. no big deal.

step 34 and 35?

http://www.fixkick.com/engine/97-motor-p...m-end.html
Where can I buy one of these gauges? I'm just confused because it will not start so would that be my problem as of right now because you're saying to s check if the head gets oil because once it starts if it desent have oil it will lock up. But the problem is that it doesn't start at all. On a side note when I first turned the kay the starter ground was bad and it made a noise that got higher in pitch for like 3 seconds and that was without even trying to fully crank the key so I fixed the ground and not it cranks just won't fire. Could that noise be something being fried like the ecm or something burning up?

Messages In This Thread
RE: put my 8v motor back in my tracker won't start - by aarontupper - 02-03-2015, 04:58 AM