Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1992 Tracker-Hit pothole car stalled and won't start
I can't check the timing since it is not running, however the timing was doing fine about a month ago.

The car starts with a little test fuel, confirming the spark is fine. Smacking the side of the gas tank did not engage the fuel pump.

The power distribution from the fuel pump relay is fine, so the relay is working. The pink wire behind the rear left tail light receives power when cranking and the ground wire, G402, is fine (no rust, good ground). When the key is turned on, I can hear a faint clicking sound with the gas cap removed. The gas cap is correct with the vacuum break.

I disconnected the fuel line to the engine and routed the fuel line to a separate container. When cranking, no fuel comes out of the line. I verified the fuel line from the fuel filter to the front of the engine is not kinked or damaged. The fuel filter looks old, so I replaced it while working on the fuel line. I checked the fuel pump again with the new fuel filter, no fuel came out of the line.

My next step will be to drop the gas tank so I can remove the fuel pump, but I am waiting for a warmer day.

Thanks for the troubleshooting suggestions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1992 Tracker-Hit pothole car stalled and won't start - by ddbernier - 01-19-2015, 09:31 AM