Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1994 Tracker won't start after checking compression
Finally, I got a chance to get back to the car once receiving the parts I ordered. I tried to rebuild the crank with Loctite 660, but the Loctite 660 would not cure even without the lack of air over 5 days. I had to use the Loctite Epoxy Weld, which worked fine. I reassembled the engine with a new crank gear and crankshaft bolt (torqued at 94 ft-lbs). Note the new bolt from GM was about 1/8" longer than the original bolt. The compression on the cold cylinders were ~140psi on average. Much better than before. I also replaced the power steering pump. You may be wondering why would I replace the power steering pump, well, it was leaking and felt like it was locking up and didn't want to chance another problem. I also changed the oil, it was black, but no sign of any antifreeze (see previous post). Once the car was back together, it started right up and ran fine. The timing was spot on and the idle was ~830rpm. The compression on the warm cylinders was ~175psi on average. Looks like we're good to go.

Thanks for the persistence on the timing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1994 Tracker won't start after checking compression - by ddbernier - 02-18-2015, 11:23 AM