Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1994 Tracker won't start after checking compression
I confirmed the compression with a second gauge, so the gauges are fine.
I took apart the front of the engine and confirmed the crank gear, and cam gear are aligned as required and illustrated in the image.
I took the valve cover off and checked the lash, all are within tolerance, and the cam shaft movement looks correct as the crankshaft is rotated and corresponds to the distributor rotor location.

I was not able to remove the oxygen sensor, it is on the exhaust manifold fairly tightly and most likely original. I did disconnect the oxygen sensor electrical sensor and checked the #1 cylinder, however it remained around 105psi.

When I started the car, it started right up then slowly died. I looked at the TBI and there is a lot of fuel. The videos for testing the fuel pressure regulator shows the car running. Is there a method to test the fuel pressure regulator without the car running? It looks like it is flooding out. Right now, I want to get this car started. Under the car, there looks to have been some exhaust work. There is a flexible pipe and a muffler, but I did not see a catalytical convertor unless the 10" long, 3" diameter is the catalytic convertor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1994 Tracker won't start after checking compression - by ddbernier - 01-31-2015, 12:07 AM