Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1994 Tracker won't start after checking compression
The car was running fine until last week where there was no power. It was difficult to start and once started, it idled very slowly and I was surprised it was actually running. Once warmed up I could check the timing, it was on the mark at 8deg at 800rpms. I also checked the spray pattern on the injector and it looked like the example link on fixkick.com The car does not want to start now, it has spark on all 4 cylinders and fuel. I checked the compression, the cylinders ranged from 100-110psi cold (since I could not get it to start), the spark plugs in #2 through #4 cylinders were oily. The plug in #1 looked ok with a little tan residue. I checked the EGR, it was clean and appeared to function using a hand vacuum pump. There is a lot of fuel in the intact manifold while looking into the injection area. I can force it to start by holding down the accelerator pedal while turning the key, but when letting go of the pedal, it chokes out and stalls. FYI (the rotor, plugs and wires were replaced in Nov).

Any suggestions?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1994 Tracker won't start after checking compression - by ddbernier - 01-26-2015, 04:54 AM