Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn signals out after smoke in combo switch
key on but no way/or tell to have blinker combo on??
key on
you hand grabs the turn signal ever and push it to left turn or right turn, why is this hard, its lever broken?

what i need is tests at the relay, the 8 tests.
do all tests at just the relay, using a DMM , then using a test light.
no need for test light is say step 1 to 5 fails in post 17 above.
we need to back probe the relay, (needle back probe it) using first the DMM (volts) and last a real test lamp. (any)
you can find an old car lamp. off wrecked car, and use that, a side lamp is best off an old car, 2 wires.
free?

i dont need the hazard working,
i only need 12vdc to pin3 on the blinker relay. if that happens we have power, to the relay.
need at least steps 1 to 3 done.
http://www.fixkick.com
Lol!! That was my guess after further reading! I was confusing combo switch with Hazard button(which is missing hence my how in the hell). Lever had to be either signals left or right. Okie. Will do a report back to you. Aye aye sir!!

Well, key on a signalling either side with lever nothing blinks in cluster nor any sound. That was discussed at the beginning, after the smoke event where I told you that fuse was back in but nothing worked. I will do step 6 to get relay out of the way.
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico
for sure no hurry, or me , playing , gawd over names,!
and yes, they are all obscure to all normal folks.

the combo does 2 things, it directs power to the blinker relay
and then takes that pulling output of the relay module and directs it to left or right side of car.
in the case of hazard mode, both sides at once.

Im telling you we can fix this no matter, no hurry and we can , talk back and forth, no problems.
if we run astray no problems we just REDO,

good luck to you !!!

(11-23-2014, 04:29 AM)zukitrek Wrote: Lol!! That was my guess after further reading! I was confusing combo switch with Hazard button(which is missing hence my how in the hell). Lever had to be either signals left or right. Okie. Will do a report back to you. Aye aye sir!!

Well, key on a signalling either side with lever nothing blinks in cluster nor any sound. That was discussed at the beginning, after the smoke event where I told you that fuse was back in but nothing worked. I will do step 6 to get relay out of the way.
Ok fix. I did my own test light, tested with battery and it works. I soldered the 10
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico
Quote:Ok fix. I did my own test light, tested with battery and it works. what works?
(doing what?)

[quote]I soldered the 10
[quote='fixkick' pid='3028' dateline='1416689535']
Quote:Ok fix. I did my own test light, tested with battery and it works. what works?
(doing what?)
The test light. Just testing so I can be do the relays test.

[quote]I soldered the 10
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico
Kick I found right front connector mangled and broken off(green wire). I fixed it and tried the signal lever but no blinking. I'll go over in testing combo, as relay is OK.

There is a way to test dash signal light or not?
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico
100% tops testing there.
very very good
the Combo is bad
the combo sends power from the combo fuse inputs (1 of 2)
and then sends it to the relay, pin 3, and then the Relay can then pulse the Green wire relay wire.
its failing to do that.
if you take the combo apart, it will be obvious why the green wire is dead. the contacts are bad or the mech. parts that push it are bad.

ok photo 3 shows the cars green blinker wire cut.
so it hit ground and burned up the blinker, combo switch
i told you to inspect all corners of the car first to make sure there is no damage. you failed to do that, and risk burning up a new combo
combo means the combination switch, the switch that does all things, there, in same. (long list)

now we know what is bad, and why
bravo !!!

why not inspect all 4 corners of car. for frayed wires, I see that photo is a double fail, cut and is frayed . both bad.
the wires must not have damage, I sure you know how good wires look, right? like new. no cuts, no burns, no collision damage, not frayed, not crushed nor cut .
Ohh thanks to you!! We could say you re my online car electronics teacher. So, can combo be fixed? I can try it. Heck is my only option now.

Regards!!
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico
my guess is it shorted an the PO used a bigger fuse and burned up the combo.
like the oldest story in the world this. on all cars.
owners dont understand why fuses exist.

the combo does come apart, you know that i saw you do it.
it has pins. the pin that feeds, relay pin 3 is bad.
find that wire on the combo (colors change by maker on switch side, suzuki never made it, they bought it)
see?
so find that wire, then follow it into the switch and discover contacts that are bad.
it can only 3 things
1 that wire cut (both sides of switch)
2 bad contacts (burned)
3 or the mechanics the close said switch is failing .
all easy to see, and examine.
good luck