Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot.
Ive been looking for kicks around town for sale and some have popped up at really average prices, but yes on the way to work I was pondering on the idea of taking it to a A/T shop and let them asses whats wrong and finally give me a quote. The idea of getting another solves 2 problems 1- wife gets car sometime next week and 2-I finally tackle the overhauling job of the A/T box and have a 3rd car cause in a few years my oldest son goes to college, But Im not quite sure if thats the way to go now. I would not hurt to have a 3rd car around. I also thought about getting a M/T version of the kick, but wife refuses, I tell her her way is the pricey way in many ways. I have 2 A/T shops near home so I can call them to see what they tell me. Anything over 1K bucks then my option is a used car. Im in a very tough crossroad.

Thanks so much for your time!!
Really appreciate it!!

BTW, I checked sticker under the hood, yes mine is timed at 5BTDC, so she is also OK in that area. Will try the clip on while engine running and then look for that ECU number.

Regards!!!
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
4sp, car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-27-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot. - by zukitrek - 10-17-2015, 07:02 AM