Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot.
Well, my bad also for assuming from thread tittle that you remembered why I started it. Line pressure has never been done. Way before in this thread you were almost sure tranny was/is bad. I felt lost when you told me that on the stall test I did yesterday tranny seem ok?
If tranny is bad disconnecting TCM to shift manually would produce same results as if connected? Will have to find out.

Back to timing, so mine should be 5 BTDC (mines is 4BTDC) or 8? I forgot to look at the sticker.
Another thing why would engine won't keep running if clip is left for scanning error codes? If clip was removed then she would start fine. I still find idle way too low. Should I fiddle with the bleed screw or not?

Thanks!!!

I was preferring the problem to be Fuel instead of tranny. 2 day job vs a couple of hours work is nothing to look forward too?

Back to connectors used for test.

TCM was jumped for codes during running, flat, uphill hard and slow and all the time I got 12's from the OD lamp even when slipping, not shifting etc.

The other connector (front of batt, 6 pin mine, pins 2 and 4) was jumpered for getting codes with key on, again getting only 12's. The odd thing was trying to start the car with paper clip on connector, (it would not start or start and die)

For timing I then jumpered 4-5 and was only getting 5BTDC.

(10-17-2015, 12:07 AM)fixkick Wrote: that is a bad sign of any early ECU,
What do you rmean with this?

8degrees works in calif, all day. 5 on all feds. here.
We get Calif models spec cars here from time to time (my honda is set for Calif emissions)
Sticker from under the hood will confirm this

and a filter , is this filter 23 years old? sorry i forget.?
Was changed in January and before that changed on summer 2014, so in year 2 new filters? We can rule filter out, unless there is quiet Gnome and dumps crap onto my tranny from time to time.

All this is recapping from the 10 month old thread. Lucas tranny additive was also used back in april.

Cheers!!
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
4sp, car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-27-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot. - by zukitrek - 10-17-2015, 12:53 AM