Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhino software and ALDL Cable...WIN!
No language file, but user interface is in english Smile
I put this software on the dusty shelf, because permanent lack of time.
If you know someone that wants to maintain it, I can provide sources. It's written in ms visualbasic, so no special skills are needed. In fact this is my 1st vb program, so real programmer can pull his hair from head when see the code...
THANKS a ton.
Well,
Hosting is not a problem, as I pay for my own website anyway. Will be more than happy, if you put a link to my page on yours.
I just look for someone that can improve, expand and/or modify this software - as I wrote, my free time is limited and I can test it only on my samurai with swapped G16 engine.
I had an impression, that in US there is huge suzuki-owners community, that can be interested in such things?

For long winter evenings I have a new idea - wireless interface that connect via bluetooth to any android phone/tablet to show engine state in friendly way.
Something between standalone and pc-based solution Smile

Regards
yes there are lots of forums here, at least 5 big ones. mine is tiny.

the tricky part is the ecu ID code and the ECUs that have unique mapping of all PIDS.
http://www.fixkick.com
Fix this is the connector you refer to? Ive got nothing to loose (well $60) but if it works then at least is something to see my ECU live, right?

Cheers!!
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico
Oh Ive read all the pages you mention here. But this post is based on Cosmic-Splatter finding and sharing that the GM cable actually worked for him (and maybe will work for me) and I see your post on how great that it did even advising another guy to get the GM. If you advise me to get the Rhino one. But strange that you did not mention it in this thread, getting Rhino cable that is? But Im OK with that too. Thanks for the currency conversion. I knew it, but appreciated.

Thnx!!
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico
Indeed valid points. Is it the right thing to do?

most folks just drive these cars, and let them smoke or whatever.
most never pay money ever to get tools.
some only paid $100 for the car, why pay $75 for a tool, good points, all.

Who knows. Ill look more into that matter.

Cheers.
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico
What is the ideal MPG, or money is the limit? For example Escalades, and big SUV of these days, what can you find that have a decent MPG?

No carbon here for sure but having 102F heats indexes from july till october and being 5:30am and house still warm not good either. Those A/C are churning electricity for tool on!!

But it is clear that price on gas has nothing to do with MPG, is just how much u can pump at station?
If its cheap then less money for xx amount of gallons but when high prices are in then your pockets bleed out to get same gallons.
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico
Exchanged some emails with James from Rhinoview and he says that the ALDL cable will no longer work with the current versions of his software.
that can happen (GM USB CABLE)
IF YOU ASK THE MAKER WHO SOLD THE GM CABLE, HE tells you it is not designed to work with any (suzuki/mitsubishi SDL ECU).
but does work 1/2 the time. (try to know that there are no 1000s of buyers here trying that cable and reporting, only a few do, and its hit and miss. for 10 years now. some work some dont

the reason is the GM cable (USB) has weak drivers, there.
we have guy here, in Spain with Santana that the cable works. that is 1 guy, not 1000s.
the cable can be made to work if you play with the pull up resistors on the SDL pin M, to get stronger, VIH signal. (THE ecu MAN ALSO HAVE A resister here too that can vary from ECU to ECU and we have on SUZUKI data on that)

here are the newer pages, google finds them, here.

http://www.rhinopower.org/Rhinoview/Rhinoview.html

The above page has not one word about any cables.
zero.
join his forum and ask for full support, ?
http://rhinopower.activeboard.com/

btw its not just a cable, with wires. not in the least
it has USB to TTL232 drivers, chips and has custom level shifters for the suzuki, SDI pin M.
the levels on the GM device are weak.

if you back up a few posts see my accurate block diagram of the USB and level translater magic.
its not just a lump of plastic there.
http://www.fixkick.com