Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust Manifold Replacement- new or used?
Hello Sylvanite, if you are lucky enough to find a junk yard manifold that fits your car and that is not cracked yet or about to crack go ahead. When I discovered my tube 4 crack I tried finding an used one but I had no luck, then I looked at Calmini and thorley replacements but they were $300 and I could not afford them. I had my friend weld mine a year or so ago, we got special small diameter cast iron electrodes and the repair lasted about 4 months, he had to heat up the manifold to be able to weld it since it's cast iron. After it started cracking again he rewelded it for me and it's lasted me 8 months so far and I don't see any signs of it cracking again yet. If I had the money I would just have gotten the Calmini and I would not have to worry about ever again, now I look for that crack to come back every weekend. Is yours 16 valve or 8?, I think there's aftermarket manifold or the 8 valve at fair prices, not like te 16v
1996 Geo Tracker, CAMI, 16 valve, 5sp, 4x4, soft top, 2 door, no a/c

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust Manifold Replacement- new or used? - by gorkyb - 07-01-2014, 01:05 PM