Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1992 SidekickSuspenion
I just got a Sidekick Smile

Is their any way to soften the ride some ? as in hard ride you feel all the bumps and dirt roads are murder to say the least LOL

Thanks
Rob
it's way better than leaf springs in ww2 jeep. or old CJ.

they sell progressive rate springs.. for many cars.
Different tires. (softer side walls, or Pxxx tires not LTxxx or 31" truck tires)
special springs.
more weight in car. (the 2 door only weighs 2000 pounds, its very very light car.) 500lbs of sand bags in cargo?
shocks and struts with lower compression dampening. (or adjustable , like racers use)
less un-sprung weight. (hard)
http://www.fixkick.com
(06-23-2014, 11:29 PM)fixkick Wrote: it's way better than leaf springs in ww2 jeep. or old CJ.

they sell progressive rate springs.. for many cars.
Different tires. (softer side walls, or Pxxx tires not LTxxx or 31" truck tires)
special springs.
more weight in car. (the 2 door only weighs 2000 pounds, its very very light car.) 500lbs of sand bags in cargo?
shocks and struts with lower compression dampening. (or adjustable , like racers use)
less un-sprung weight. (hard)

THANK YOU I Will have to check the tires that came on it was owned buy a friend of mine and 90% of the miles on it are towed miles Smile but they are new tires and see if I can find some better shocks and struts for it Smile are the Adjustable ones like the air ones you can add air or take out air ?
this car is really a very light SUV. and is harsh running, my JK jeep is too. and has springs but its not a car. it is for going fast off road and not bottoming out.

drive a blazer, see what weight does.?
the best solution is progressive springs.( on pavement)

but this light car , beats any blazer off road, weight is a killer there.
those air shocks are for overloaded cars. or trucks.

they do not make the ride better like KONE racing shocks ,where you adjust the compression damp rates and rebound valves. and are very expensive parts.....
the struts are not adjustable at all.
adding shock springs or air springs (?) , makes it harsher , unloaded.

most the progressive springs, sold are to turn the car into a silly low rider, (most want opposite off road)

the doors are so thin, i think I can rip them off by hand, even straightened one door by hand that was bent. its a kite. for sure, and in buffeting winds, its dangerous driven fast , flat sides, and flat windshied are all bad, on the road. fast. and high CG.

B&G makes them. but are all DROP springs off shelf., the owner says call him, if just prog. need. (higher , lower softer, tell him what you want)
See OLD MAN EMU ( see what the do, and if it dont lower the sidekick)

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php...parts.html

Pxxx tries are passenger tires. the P means soft and weak. soft side walls flex more and suck up more HARSH.

check out other cars that weight just 2000 , 2door. darn few. its a very light car.

but off road, omg, what a animal.
OK got it for off road so keep it the way it is great! I have always had 4 runners for off road before I liked this sidekick 2 door for the small size Smile
Thanks great info Smile

I will just get some seat cushions Smile

Rob
is yours 2 door?
one other trick is to put 4door springs on the 2 door.
it raises car, and stiffer.
so some guy here, found this out and put some 2 doors back in..
who knows?
no matter what, do what makes you happy. !! cheers.
Is there an easy noticeable difference between the 2 door and 4 door springs? I bought supposedly 2 door springs from a junk yard, having nothing to compare against since the springs that came with my tracker were cut, I'm not sure what I received.
1996 Geo Tracker, CAMI, 16 valve, 5sp, 4x4, soft top, 2 door, no a/c
Mine is a 2 door 4x4 Smile Thanks a Lot FixKick info was great Smile

so 4 door Suspenion is a lot better for Getting deep in the out back Smile