Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 Geo Tracker Water Pump Project
Thanks! Ended up returning an ACDelco pump that was made in china and bought the Aisin pump. The Aisin looked and felt completely different than the ACDelco in terms of quality. The final parts should be arriving shortly but I may expand this project.

Long story short, the cylinder head was replaced several years ago and it came with a helicoil in one of the exhaust mounting threads. I screamed bloody murder at the time but supposedly a helicoil was an acceptable repair in the aftermarket head. It didn't take me long to find out that the bolt would come loose after a few weeks. Finally, the helicoil stripped. In a last ditch effort, I re-threaded the hole slightly larger and thread locked the bolt knowing that I would be SOL if I ever needed to take it apart. Which brings me to my question...

Are there any differences in the casting numbers marked S-1, S-2 & S-3 on a 61A 8v cylinder head?

I'm thinking that if I'm ripping the front of the motor down, maybe I should think about replacing the head as well. I've never felt comfortable with that repair even though it's lasted a few years. Any insight would be appreciated...thanks!

Messages In This Thread
1990 Geo Tracker Water Pump Project - by Trk90 - 05-22-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: 1990 Geo Tracker Water Pump Project - by Trk90 - 06-06-2014, 03:34 AM