Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitara 93 8V ECU component id issue
Hello, can you please help me to identify the properties of the D19 diode that was located just above the IC14? Please refer to the picture attached, I red marked the area in question. The IC14 exploded (I removed it already) and from the blast it burned down the D19 too.
By the way, congratulations for the excellent work, the vast amount of information available on these pages is a treasure for the Suzuki 4WD community.

ECU: 33920-56B70, Vitara 8v manual, 1993

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-21-2014, 06:00 AM)sylvis66 Wrote: Hello, can you please help me to identify the properties of the D19 diode that was located just above the IC14? Please refer to the picture attached, I red marked the area in question. The IC14 exploded (I removed it already) and from the blast it burned down the D19 too.
By the way, congratulations for the excellent work, the vast amount of information available on these pages is a treasure for the Suzuki 4WD community.

thanks for your comment.
i dont know, and mine is sold. I will try to find out...
id try a 1N4004 and pray, do you know the direction, it as inserted , cathod?

cheers.
(05-21-2014, 07:28 AM)hatchetman Wrote:
(05-21-2014, 06:00 AM)sylvis66 Wrote: Hello, can you please help me to identify the properties of the D19 diode that was located just above the IC14? Please refer to the picture attached, I red marked the area in question. The IC14 exploded (I removed it already) and from the blast it burned down the D19 too.

thanks for your comment.
i dont know, and mine is sold. I will try to find out...
id try a 1N4004 and pray, do you know the direction, it as inserted , cathod?

cheers.

Well, actually it is a switching double diode with 3 pins, the 2 pins goes to the left (as you see the picture) and the 1 pin side to the right, the right solder pad is kinda burned, so the picture is a bit confused.
What I found out so far (from a picture on another thread on this forum), is that the D19 is the same diode as the D2, and the D2 is marked "N", so does this tells you something meaningful?
i dont have full schematics, just injectors, and power supplies.
3 pin diodes are very unique,
id find a used ECU .
not knowing the maker of the diode, means we can not look up their, marking codes. (N)
http://www.fixkick.com
(05-21-2014, 10:04 PM)fixkick Wrote: i dont have full schematics, just injectors, and power supplies.
3 pin diodes are very unique,
id find a used ECU .
not knowing the maker of the diode, means we can not look up their, marking codes. (N)

ECU fixed, Vitara is back alive and kicking. The diode, after some guesswork, found to be the ROHM switching diode with code DAN202K.
nice work, and no other damage, very good.
http://www.fixkick.com