Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ECU was the problem (not anything else!)
Dear Fixkick:
The fat lady sang last night!

I removed the ECU from its tightly tucked position, and every thing worked perfectly! Ironically, whatever wire I touched did not trigger what I experienced earlier.

In any case, I am not going to insist the ECU be in its original position. After 68 days of struggling to fix this damn issue, I have decided to make a bracket, and mount it on the firewall.

Thanks for your unconditional support , help and expertise in past 68 days. I have learned a lot about this damn car! I am probably going to look for a 96+ Sidekick (if I could find one with the body condition as the one I own).

The Moral of story! II kept insisting that there was something fishy that the car would act up after getting warm. . . . the ECU!!!

Well, now the car has about 8 parts that did not need to be changed! BTW, I have ordered the OBD1 cable through Rhino; if I ever get a chance, I will put the old ECU back and see if Rhino's OBD1 can detect any thing that we could not. I hope I do not have to fool around with this car much longer, since my Triumph TR3 need attention (that it well-deserves!).

Thanks again!

The Prof

Messages In This Thread
The ECU was the problem (not anything else!) - by theprof - 04-22-2013, 07:26 AM
RE: The ECU was the problem (not anything else!) - by theprof - 04-22-2013, 10:33 PM