Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1994 suzuki sidekick jlx 1.6 automatic w-o/d lock out hubs
so glad to hear you driving , again, Victoria.
you need 4wd really bad there. glad for you !!

STALLING:

tell me more about. how this 94 engine runs. ("power brake?", my guess, you are stepping no brake and throttle at same time, because it wants to stall as you come to a stop>?)
are not both cars cars, 16v engines?.
dash CEL lamp on key on then out running?

(my initial guess, is the EGR main valve is sticking open, they love to do that ,just before stop and it stalls)
it can be cleaned this lil devil.
the ISC can stick too.
the 16v engine can stall too, with a crack in the mine air tube from air cleaner MAF device all the way to the head. Air leaks here cause gross lean fuel mixtures and stalls, at idle.
a dirty MAF can too, and same effect. clean the MAF hot wire, from 12" back with CRC maf cleaner or in jamb carb cleaner, be gentle, its a $1000 sensor.(at suz)

in most cases the problem can be fixed for free.
my guess is you bought a new ISC back 5 years ago.... IIRC?

a bad TPS , usually does not cause stalls, but causes racing AT IDLE . and bogs.

I do remember you had one of those recalled 90deg exhaust collectors that the EPA tin baffle collapsed inside, and put a cork in the engine, killing all power,, not a fun thing for you to find.

good luck , working your bugs out... best wishes ...
double trouble, twins

[Image: double-trouble1w.JPG]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1994 suzuki sidekick jlx 1.6 automatic w-o/d lock out hubs - by fixkick - 01-09-2014, 10:09 AM