Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flickering CEL, runs SUPER RICH
Hello,
Sorry for the slow reply. The ECU is in great shape, looked new. I did change the caps, but the engine still runs very rich. Very low power but perfect idle. I am currently checking the voltages and points you recommended before. I ordered the parts your page suggested for modifying the fuel rail cap to test fuel pressure. That is what I'll be checking after the ECU voltages. All the injectors are "refurbished new" from a reliable source, however there is some question if they are the correct ones at all. Previous owner had a hard time finding replacements. Next steps are checking ECU voltages and testing fuel pressure. I will let you know how it goes! Thanks for the support!

Background Info

Previous owner (who I know personally) has been chasing this issue for years so almost everything has been changed or rebuilt. Vehicle was operating perfect (2018, timed it myself when he first bought it) until the thermostat failed and he drove it a good distance while overheating (dumb). He replaced and rebuilt the whole top end, still did not run correctly. He slowly changed every sensor on the vehicle. Then changed the entire intake manifold to '96. Still over fueling. Swapped all 4 injectors, no change. Attempted to set the ignition timing, he broke the distributor hold down bolt and had to pull the engine to repair. sat for two years indoors. This is when I got the vehicle (I have been involved the whole time BTW. I have the tools haha). Repaired the bolt, replace the clutch and put the engine back with all new vacuum lines. I did replace all the fuel in the system, fully dropped and drained the tank. Have not replaced the filter, but too much fuel is rarely a symptom of that.
EGR valve, injectors, MAF sensor, fuel pressure reg... all brand new. Distributor, wires and plugs all new, Great compression on all four cylinders, but going to test again just incase.

Messages In This Thread
Flickering CEL, runs SUPER RICH - by repsolrider - 08-31-2023, 10:23 AM
RE: Flickering CEL, runs SUPER RICH - by fixkick - 09-15-2023, 10:50 PM
RE: Flickering CEL, runs SUPER RICH - by fixkick - 09-15-2023, 11:04 PM
RE: Flickering CEL, runs SUPER RICH - by fixkick - 10-05-2023, 08:55 PM
RE: Flickering CEL, runs SUPER RICH - by repsolrider - 10-28-2023, 10:13 AM
RE: Flickering CEL, runs SUPER RICH - by fixkick - 12-08-2023, 01:25 AM
RE: Flickering CEL, runs SUPER RICH - by fixkick - 12-08-2023, 01:39 AM
RE: Flickering CEL, runs SUPER RICH - by fixkick - 12-08-2023, 01:47 AM