Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1994 Sidekick 16v AT 4x4 4dr virgin ECM Ruby's still there
(11-06-2020, 09:09 AM)SidekickTripper Wrote: Update (thanks for sharing this )!

I have had tested and had the injectors cleaned and rebuilt. and I found what appeared to be a small 3 inch long hair line crack at number 4 exhaust port upstream to the 02 sensor. Repaired it and tested with propane for leaks and etc. 
Skipping some readings: Normal.
Idle 788
IAC 27 L/Min
SPk Adv 5-12
Inj Pulse Width 4.216
Rich Lean Status: Lean
EGR Temp 144F
ST 128 (I think both trims are lies here, if the 02 goes offline these stick to useless DEFAULTS) 128 is center and default. a silly thing for suzuki to do (0 be better )
LT 128 (lies)
HO2 59 mv 10 Min later 83Mv  (seems stuck low) it must swing not stick low. (only real scope can see what it  really is doing)
Deactivated?  (Im Not sure what this mean) Closed Loop? NO that means the O2 is dead, ECu sees it stuck low. and make eCu go rich. (means open loop)
TPS .86 volts
T angle .0
ECT 147F ( error Tech 1) 182F  (is it 300ohms hot?, if yes scan tool lies, but we know some do... yes)
MAF 2.3

Vehicle failed as a gross polluter  (it sure is) 4 gas and not 5 gas so 02%=0.0 is bogus )
Calif.
15MPH [%C02 10.2] [ O2% 0.0] [HC 502 ppm] [CO 7.01%] [ NOX  95ppm]
25mph [%C02 10.4] [ O2% 0.0] [HC 475 ppm] [CO 6.80%] [ NOX  145ppm]
Help!!!!  Is there possible a ECM problem with Injectors  Pulse?  NO the 02 sensor is dead, only why is  in question.

anything is possible.
ok   HC is high, co is high. (here is one barely passing) as you can see, using this real report (full) your HC is 5 times normal and NOX off the map high.
maybe just a bad CAT?  no,  but a new cat can hide a bad engine for short time as it glows red hot. (not advocating this,... me.)
There can be no air leaks in the exhaust manifold headers at all, zero air leaks. (means gaskets too) and cracked cat header pipe too.

example ,just passing by chin hairs.  (the AVE is data for vast sidekicks state tested)

[Image: smog95-16v-passing.jpg]

causes, bad O2, sensor, wrong sensor, wired wrong, or heater in sensor dead, or wired wrong, or the power to the heater is failing.
some cars made these years had a o2, relay that is bad.
seen here. omg I have the drawing still  the wire colors give away the relays job,  pink for sure and blue-black.   all you do is check for 12vdc to pin 3. below.
this is heater power the 02 cell is pin 2.  (The ecu can not see the heater dead) can not. and is only found dead by wise mechanics.

[Image: 3wire-16v.jpg]
I am not sure if the calif car or fed car gets this class so sensor, heater.

in a shop, most techs, see O2 dead, and gross rich cause an air leak (vacuum) to add air to the induction air path to case lean and monitor the o2 to see if
it wakes up, if not , this is the path to cause and cures, no others.

I buy Bosch sensor, for these reasons, well they are good and have all versions per my complex chart. as you see getting the wrong one is so easy.

Just added to Image gallery above.  the green comments are mine for sure showing wire count and are not part of any P/n

[Image: 483_o2help.jpeg]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1994 Sidekick 16v AT 4x4 4dr virgin ECM Ruby's still there - by fixkick - 11-06-2020, 07:58 PM