Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1994 Sidekick 16v AT 4x4 4dr virgin ECM Ruby's still there
Ok so I had the ECM done by an electrical engineer that does repair work on the side. He said that it needed to be heated up to 200°C in order to remove the old caps and install the new ones. I was able to watch him do the repair work I also had him test the transistors and he said that they were fine. One capacitor had no capacitance and the other had very low capacitance so they were causing my flooding issue I'm pretty sure. But now I'm thinking the ECM has probably been having issues for some time and the over fueling has been happening for awhile as well cause when I started it it was running horrible and the exhaust manifold got hot really fast and I thought maybe the ECM was toast but I thought about it for a minute and then pulled the catalytic converter and it ran great. So I think the over fueling killed my cat. What is strange is I can see through the cat. Do you think it could be my muffler?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1994 Sidekick 16v AT 4x4 4dr virgin ECM Ruby's still there - by dieseldog69 - 09-24-2020, 12:51 PM