Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
92 sidekick jx 8 valve driveability issue/loses power
92 sidekick jx 8 valve 5speed 4x4. No cel/just good code 12 stored)

After car warms up when driving it it will slowly start to lose power/bog down to the point I have to pull over and it will want to stall if no gas is given. If I restart the vehicle I immediately have full power again like nothing was wrong. I then again can drive for a short amount of time before it starts doing it again. Vehicle also seems to have a slight misfire.

Bought the car at auction recently. So far I've done:

fuel filter (was plugged up badly)
removed and cleaned egr (was plugged up)
new spark plugs and wires (proper spark plugs with gap)
thermostat
welded all the leaks in exhaust system (shop welded the crack in exhaust mani) (vehicle has a cat)
ecu has newer caps in it already

*update*
Map checks out good
(01-22-2020, 09:49 AM)twinduct Wrote: 92 sidekick jx 8 valve 5speed 4x4. No cel/just good code 12 stored)

After car warms up when driving it it will slowly start to lose power/bog down to the point I have to pull over and it will want to stall if no gas is given. If I restart the vehicle I immediately have full power again like nothing was wrong. I then again can drive for a short amount of time before it starts doing it again. Vehicle also seems to have a slight misfire.

Bought the car at auction recently. So far I've done:

fuel filter (was plugged up badly)
removed and cleaned egr (was plugged up)
new spark plugs and wires (proper spark plugs with gap)
thermostat
welded all the leaks in exhaust system (shop welded the crack in exhaust mani) (vehicle has a cat)
ecu has newer caps in it already

*update*
Map checks out good

rust inside fuel tank?  that filter, i'd have dumped its contents to a pan.  Looked at what came out,
full red rust, even seen slimy algae inside, from water contamination..

cause and effects ,
1: low fuel pressure, bad fuel pump (weak)
2: injector clogs,    the injectors have 10micron screens,  the filter is 40 microns,  so as you can see things walk right by filter and land in injectors.

distrib. cap and rotor skipped, nor at least checked carefully for carbon tracking?
http://www.fixkick.com