Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samurai IACV cleaning
I guess you never seen how the cars water coolant thermostat works,
the wax pellet , they use wax because it expands greatly with heat and is long lasting , 7 years is spec, life on cheap thermostats.
the IAC here works just the same. way. only AIR flow is the controlling path.

one can do 2 check.
put the tb in say 2 " of water, say in a frying pan.
on a camp stove outside, if wife looks angry in her kitchen..
I insert the wifes cooking thermometer in the water, and raise the temp to 150f exactly
then turn your now loose ring until the VALVE cone piston just kisses this ring. this is now calibrated. once calibrated and happy, use loctited to lock the ring down.
next I let the TB cool. and then put it in my refrigerator (wife shopping now)
and I see my refer is at 40F (milk temp perfect) (mine has pro meter device inside there, sold in all kitchen stores) and the gaps is now. at 0.040" (40 thousands of an inch, I use number drills 1-60 the #60 drill shank is it. near #60 size (about)
if the IAC does not open near that distances at 40F degrees the IAC wax pellet is dead. and there is no fix for it. known. a spare TB is the fix.

this photo is studied shows how the wax works look again.
again here is the calibration test points. see this photo i did all the hard work here,Suzuki has zero here.
[Image: IAC-Thermo1w.jpg]

(04-18-2019, 08:39 AM)Tico Wrote: OK, get a pan of hot water to at least 150 degrees and then just gently lower the TBI into the hot water and see if the plunger moves?
If not then I may have bottomed out right? If I have bottomed out then I have to back off ring a hair at a time whole in hot water? Just trying to figure this all out...thanks.

Oh and this is a spare and am negotiating another just in case. People go to high sometimes on Samurai EFI parts
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Samurai IACV cleaning - by Tico - 04-18-2019, 12:13 AM
RE: Samurai IACV cleaning - by Tico - 04-18-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: Samurai IACV cleaning - by fixkick - 04-18-2019, 01:26 AM
RE: Samurai IACV cleaning - by Tico - 04-18-2019, 01:29 AM
RE: Samurai IACV cleaning - by fixkick - 04-18-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: Samurai IACV cleaning - by Tico - 04-18-2019, 08:39 AM
RE: Samurai IACV cleaning - by fixkick - 04-22-2019, 03:41 AM
RE: Samurai IACV cleaning - by fixkick - 04-22-2019, 03:56 AM