Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1998 2 door 3 speed auto to 5 speed manual swap
So before I started the swap I tried the manual ECU instead of the auto. It started up perfect no CEL. Since then I’ve swapped over the pedals and I have the 5 speed trans bolted up.

The trans tunnel where the shifter comes out needs a lot of modification to work. That’s going to be to touch and go. Cross member and engine mounts are the same and bolt right up.

I’m actually considering taking out part of the trans tunnel from the donor and maybe welding it in. We will see how it goes.

Still need to figure out what to do with the cable that allowes the key to only leave the ignition in park, I may just fasten it in the park position and tuck it away. Reverse lights are an easy cut and swap out connectors.

Fixkick you may know this, but when you turn the key to start. Does the plug going to the shifter tell the automatic it’s ok to crank starter or does the range sensor on the trans do this? I can easily fiind our soon but thought I’d ask. Because that will be what I wire to the clutch switch.
1998 Chevrolet Tracker, 2 door, 3 speed auto, 4x4

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1998 2 door 3 speed auto to 5 speed manual swap - by Perry - 05-07-2019, 08:08 AM