Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Mechanical Help
so who low was the oil level the dipstick when you bought it or found it, with cam timing errors./?
sure it can be loose connections as can many other things. all are guesses .
ok so you did jump start it for reasons I can not know yet, but batteries died, so that is what B1017 means.

i guess what you mean by cut out, is total engine stalls? as the word cutout can also mean , misfire. (as in bad spark plugs)
reset the DTC errors, then start the engine, if it cranks slow the battery is did charged or charge system is bad or car sat for months and sure the battery is now discharged.
then drive it, and see what DTC show up first.? best is live scanning and driving. (2 persons doing this is best, 1 drives safely other looks at the tool for live errors)

The VVT can be bad, and is common I think.
Do compression test on this car? see if the engine if VIABLE? at all yet?

if this errror P0012 is the only code driving or in the PENDING codes, VVT is it. (chain is ok you said)

i guess 48mph is real and max, not Speedo lies, right? if 48 is max and only VVT errors , then its is VVT .
I think the engine starts with VVT retarded,

do not test the car with a dead battery, we charge that first or the electonic will not be happy, and a HUGE detraction to direct evidence and truth. power if first that battery tops list.

how it works tells you what might happen if it jams (VVT)
By retarding the camshaft’s timing, the engine achieves better high RPM torque, whereas advancing the intake camshaft’s timing produces better power at low RPM.
so seem stuck for High RPM no? stuck it cane be.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Mechanical Help - by Jono - 03-13-2019, 09:50 AM
RE: Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Mechanical Help - by fixkick - 03-13-2019, 10:20 PM