Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Mechanical Help
(03-13-2019, 11:10 AM)fixkick Wrote: what year car.?
how many miles on it.
when did it last run perfectly.
what does "no oil in " ,mean, and what does bought it mean (what was bought?)
the battery failed low, voltage, did you crank it near dead?
Does. the CAM have VVT? (variable valve timing device on cam front end?)
did you just buy a car that has huge problems? (history can matter)
try to know that low battery voltage will cause many things to fail, the newer the car the more there is, we have car here with 12 freaking computers on the CAN bus and if the bus dies, the engine can not do spark or inject, nasty business this is. like that. endless complexity.
I can tell you all the below is not bad, I bet. power is first in electroncs,#1 if the battery goes flat or weak tons of errors pop. all normal
so when going 48mph is that the real speed or the speed telling lies???? if the speedo lies, that is the Can bus acting up and can here speed data from PCm.
see?
good luck ! which I knew the year, vast years of swifts world wide and now gone from USA forever.

Hi,

The car is an 07 plate with 81k on the clock - I didn't know I was buying a problem... but since I did then I've got to try and fix it ha! And it hasn't ran perfectly since I've got it... Well it runs fine until it cuts out mid-driving.

I believe the engine does have VVT yes, as thats one of the original error codes I had which I got rid of by topping up the oil (lubricant) in the engine and checking the timing chain was ok.

A couple people have suggested that it could be as simple as loose connections somewhere and that I could be losing voltage somewhere... which I'm guessing is leading to the cut-outs?

In terms of the battery... I had it for 2 days then it cut out as if it was dying... jump started it and it was good for another 2 days and then it wouldn't turn over again!

Messages In This Thread
Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Mechanical Help - by Jono - 03-13-2019, 09:50 AM
RE: Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Mechanical Help - by Jono - 03-13-2019, 08:33 PM