Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Gauge
GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Replaced the ECT Sensor and that fixed it. The IR gun and readings from the scan tool are the same. I have been using a O2 Sensor socket from Harbor Freight to remove it. The sensor it just a little to big to fit with a normal deepwell. But this socket did the trick. I want to thank you again for taking the time and for helping me with this problem. Thank You.
and an easy fix too.. up high rear and no need to drain all coolant out,just a bit.
nice trick using 02 socket. very nice.
your gas mileage will get better now that ECU knows its hot and lean out the fuel mix,proper.

your welcome and cheers to you.
http://www.fixkick.com
I just thought it was fixed. Small miss at start up. It overheats randomly but only after driving for 30 minutes to an hour. I pulled the plugs when it cooled and took some pics with a bore scope. I also did a chemical leak test. It did not turn yellow but it does look green. The old girl has 160,000 miles and the rust is pretty bad under her. I am thinking of using the Blue Devil head gasket repair. What are your thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

green means exhaust gas incursion to the coolant. (FAILED TEST)
bad head gasket if lucky, far worse is not. lucky.(cracked head or block)
that devil stuff is useless unless, to sell car and hid a problem for say a week.
Good luck you to and the car.
PS thanks for sharing such great photos !!!!

pull head, check it for warpage, and new gasket?
it will get worse no leak goes away and stays away , all progress to worse. (cracks)

(02-11-2019, 02:02 PM)rad73 Wrote: I just thought it was fixed. Small miss at start up. It overheats randomly but only after driving for 30 minutes to an hour. I pulled the plugs when it cooled and took some pics with a bore scope. I also did a chemical leak test. It did not turn yellow but it does look green. The old girl has 160,000 miles and the rust is pretty bad under her. I am thinking of using the Blue Devil head gasket repair. What are your thoughts?
http://www.fixkick.com