Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1998 sidekick sport auto - no key start - push button start
(12-14-2018, 11:44 PM)fixkick Wrote: IDLE speeds J18( response to have to hold foot in throttle and cant start or wont stay running cold.) besides bad fuel
link 2 above is the TB idle bleed screw. (red-neck way, said with love not hate) I love methods that work even off road far far from a shop of any kind.
it is only set this way. (if at all ever. but if molested by others do this)
1: engine hot.180f+ no DTC122 !!! no misfiring allowed, heard or seen DTC errors like P030x codes.
2: ISC ELECTRIC NOT JAMMED UP, it sets hot idle speeds. bolted to TB body, clean and free ISC.
3: the IAC water activated there IAC must now be retracted hot. (eyes only glance see its not touching TB arm)
4: engine races too fast or slow, for idle add air or subtract air with the TB bleed screw. if engine races, and this CW turns is no cure you have vacuum leaks.
6: if too slow idle, add air turn screw CCW, (out) and this adds missing air, and suddenly the ISC electric valve wakes up and 800RPM happens. turn crew 1/4 turn more CCW. for (for what I call DUTY centering) BTW perfect duty is 50% ISC ranged.

this not the official way in the book the book way is called IDLE duty cycle setting
( there is a pin on the under hood, DLC (6pins)) that is for dutycycle setting the ISC , precision settings) but the above can work if engine not SICK (misfiring is sick)

if cold started engine fails to race from 1000 to 1500 range (varies by outdoor temper.) J18 rules.
the IAC thermal device is bad. link 1 in post just above. it must hold the TB Trottle valve open cold , MUST, or will stall or fail to run once it does start.

Small victories today. Still nowhere near running well but some progress.

I got the Neutral Safety switch swapped out. Lot more work than I thought. Had to disconnect hard transmission lines just for access but it's done.

I now have Reverse lights and she cranks properly and starts.. Won't stay running but at least I know the switch was bad after all and she cranks good and I get a spark. Now to move onto the next step.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1998 sidekick sport auto - no key start - push button start - by thebanjoman - 01-13-2019, 08:36 AM
RE: 1998 sidekick sport j18 hacked - by fixkick - 12-15-2018, 12:59 AM