Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eating fuel pumps
I've thought of a name for the forklift tracker: Albatross!
I admit, I'm a parts thrower. So couple weekends ago, fuel pump was dead, have pressure gauge hooked in permanently, nothing. This was a month old and the cheapest one off rock auto. The previous one I heard die, as in, in made bad noise and delivered varying low pressure. But 2 weekends ago, turn the key and zilch. I assumed, since it was new, it was electrical. Didn't get voltage at connector, so checked the relay. Relay checked out, audibly clicks too. Checked connector again and got 12v, so assumed I messed up the first time checking. So tried to jump pump from battery and got nothing. I assumed, because it was cheapest option, that's why it died. The next pump was a warranteed one from OReilly's. And two weeks later, same thing! Key on, relay clicks, nothing. I will do a more thorough check next weekend on the electrical. Am I killing pumps? Maybe I can keep exchanging them. Thing is, it runs fine until I shut it off. Only coming back weeks later. There was sediment in the tank that I sucked out, and all pumps have had new filter pickup things. Tank is relocated and out in the open.

I should have bought a forklift Sad
Thanks,
D
the wiring to the pump must be good.
if you put 12vdc across the 2 pump pins the pump must work if not it is dead, the pump itself has no ground on only the 2 wire going to the pump must be good. our 2door the ground to the pump is behind the left tail lamp (ground screw to body ) that loves to fail (rust)
the FP relay works I see and the ECU did that, then you need ground to the pump
then the ECU closed the FP relay and power 12vdc gated by the relay to the other pump in power pin
the relay closes cranking on this car./
cheers !

(12-05-2018, 08:49 AM)dkym Wrote: I've thought of a name for the forklift tracker: Albatross!
I admit, I'm a parts thrower. So couple weekends ago, fuel pump was dead, have pressure gauge hooked in permanently, nothing. This was a month old and the cheapest one off rock auto. The previous one I heard die, as in, in made bad noise and delivered varying low pressure. But 2 weekends ago, turn the key and zilch. I assumed, since it was new, it was electrical. Didn't get voltage at connector, so checked the relay. Relay checked out, audibly clicks too. Checked connector again and got 12v, so assumed I messed up the first time checking. So tried to jump pump from battery and got nothing. I assumed, because it was cheapest option, that's why it died. The next pump was a warranteed one from OReilly's. And two weeks later, same thing! Key on, relay clicks, nothing. I will do a more thorough check next weekend on the electrical. Am I killing pumps? Maybe I can keep exchanging them. Thing is, it runs fine until I shut it off. Only coming back weeks later. There was sediment in the tank that I sucked out, and all pumps have had new filter pickup things. Tank is relocated and out in the open.

I should have bought a forklift Sad
Thanks,
D
http://www.fixkick.com