Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995 Geo tracker fuel filter replace
Hello,,,is there anything special I need to know, to replace the fuel filter...
Mine seems to be leaking..it is wet with gas...

There are 200,000 miles on it..and I think it held up pretty well...

Thanks.....

KE4HVE
there are 2 banjo fitting there
if rusted are very hard, or impossible to seal up. (4 copper seals ,flat, looks like flat washers)
hoping that yours, is only filter case rust.
cheeres
http://www.fixkick.com
(11-17-2018, 12:32 PM)fixkick Wrote: there are 2 banjo fitting there
if rusted are very hard, or impossible to seal up. (4 copper seals ,flat, looks like flat washers)
cheeres

Thanks....My filter case is VERY rusted...so Im hoping it is just that...filter rust...Im trying to fix or replace it today..

K
(11-17-2018, 12:32 PM)fixkick Wrote: there are 2 banjo fitting there
cheeres

Well...the filter was NOT the problem...so as usual I always have a problem it seems...If it can go wrong it WILL go wrong...

The banjo fitting right above the banjo bolt..broke in to..at the side going to the gas tank, of course it would not break on the easy side..always the hard side..

Even if I had a new hose...it seems I would have to drop the gas tank to replace the hose...

Well, this is what I did,,,I removed the old filter...cut the line gong to the tank,,and the line going to the engine...I cut right behind the banjo fitting..

It had to be done right away, or I would have somehow ordered both hose's, and replaced them..

I had a new(old) filter, that had the input and output tube's like old school...so I pushed the hose's on the filter and will put TWO ...hose clamps on each fitting..

As soon as I finished the fuel filter..the Da................................m wheel cylinder blew out..on the drivers side rear brakes..so when I went to stop, for the first time after fixing the fuel filter..the break pedal went all the way to the floor...so I had to order that also............
Hahahahahahahahaha... im sorry i was just reading ypur story... we share the same luck.. these kicks are turds now.. there getting to the point of trying to daily drive a barn find 1965 car... you just cant. There all due for full frame off restorations.. not saying they are turds! I love mine! Just saying ANY task we tackle now is fight of your life.. even a 5 minute fuel filter job. Reminds me... my filter looks like i borrowed it from the titanic.. it needs replaced.
the fuel pressure is 60PSI max. so the lines must be rated above that number.
using carb type fuel line clamps (side screw type ) are no good here, fire danger.
the correct clamps are fuel injected rated..
THE CARb clamps like to do 2 things bad, bunch up the hose, and leak or pop loose if too tight ,you trying to stop the bunch up leak it POPS , so easy to do.
Suzuki still sells the hoses, but are very expensive, like $200 a set. (ask for P;/N I have it and the link to buy)

[Image: 3_19_11_18_4_44_52.jpeg]
the magic of the left clamp is the even force in the circle of the clamp
the right clamp love to have no force at the worm screw section, causing bunch up
the right clamp on 7 to 19psi car takes only a very small, force on the clamp to get tight. so works,
but at very huge FI pressures 60up it can fail very easy or when in an accident. (or off road brush hits it or,when you least expect it)

i offer this INFO only for your safety, please avoid fuel leaks.