Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump problem-no three second prime or purge
So, after testing everything I could including fuel pump current, there was nothing else left to test. Aside from the ECM.

I've included a picture of the ECM I can see no visual damage. I figured a direct short would show obvious signs f damage.

I went to the junk yard and only found 4 doors. 3 96's but both 4 speeds
The others were pre 1996 obd1.

Outof desperation I bought 96 auto ECM ($35). It starts and runs albeit with an SES light and high idle however the fuel pump did run as it should.

Upon return to the junk yard to remove a windshield I took Danette my wife with me. As I was cutting away at the windshield seal she walks up and says "is this one of those Suzuki computer deals".
It turns out not only was it a Suzuki ECM, but an exact match for mine($35 too) 5spd, Obd2, evap2.
She found it hidden in one of the auto 4drs pretty happy as there wasn't any 96+ 5spd trackers even at the yard.

So now only guesses as to why the fp relay driver didn't doesn't work.

Possibly
The alternator ground cable was slightly loose. Possible intermittent connection over volting the alternator and ECM.

Seriously hacked radio/dash wires. Bare wires hanging and half the stock connector was still attached. Pretty nasty

I was dressed in a lot of warm layers and full if static that day. It's possible while checking the fp relay that I static shocked the fo driver circuit directly from the socket.

Although I used spade connectors to jump power to the fuel pump to get us home it's is possible that one of those connectors hit the pink ECM fob trigger wire. Being 12v it would have Burt up the drivers in short order.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel pump problem-no three second prime or purge - by Zook.dawg - 01-11-2019, 09:59 AM