Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump problem-no three second prime or purge
Good news +5vdcRef is now good. ! (OMG harness hacks, )
yes the DTC , have 2 levels now in 1996 first year of OBD2,
level one is, dead sensors, open or shorted bam , you get a DTC error for sure, just like OBD1 did. just new DTC number codes P0xxx
level 2 codes (tests) are OBD2 new advanced monitors. EGR tests ( A and B two test) EVAP1 ,2, 3 advanced evaporative (gas tank fumes controls) and tests.
still dead ECU controls for fuel pump relay, if you had JEEP the JEEP shows, DTC for dead relay, every time, but not on suzuki's they are dumb , ok? still dumb.
how could you ever reach 6500 RPM impossible to do that, my guess is your believe that lamp analog cheezey dash cluster gauge, why do that,?
RPM is only accurate with OBD2 scans, page on scans show RPM, MPH, all sensor data, if the CKP is dead, then the RPM may lie. is the CKP sensor missing? front crank shaft bottom front?

the ECU will only kill dead the PINK wire , only if :
1: ECU lost all power to it (power pins see on my ECU page 1996)
2: that includes ground pins, POWER means 2 pins , 12vdc and ground .
3: inputs wrong, the only input that can kill that pink wire is , (real inputs logic) are the TPS pin, TP pin is 1vdc, foot of throttle, at 3.5 to 4v or more this voltage at cranking has new
meaning, it has the logical meaning of "UNFLOOD MODE" this most cuts all fuel so the engine can start flooded with fuel (this steps are show in the users guide)
this may (ive never tested this) but may cut the Fuel pump relay too. (if I had written the code, that is what id have done , to cure injector leaks)
the spark is still active with Unflood mode active. cranking.
I guess your scan tool is too old or cheap or ? to have Pending functions> push a button called pendings and see ALL THOSE DTC error that do not SET until 3 driving cycles>?

hot wiring any ECU is going to kill them easy as eating Apple Pie.
lean this about 1990 ECU, the outputs (unlike new cars ) have not output protections, the output is a simple biPolar (not MOS) NPN transistor, if you , others or bad luck shorts this
pins to 12vdc that simple transistor burns to a crisp in about 1 second flat or less.

on new cars we have smart transistors now, with very very fast asking short detectors (thermal) and that turns the transistor oFF, savings its own bacon .
forget that, your car is a relic in this new world we have now.

let me speculate further (I do not have the firmware code from inside your ECU to speak more authoritatively, ever, I think nobody does, sill alive or not retired in Japan) or?

inputs, that must be good for FP relay to work. and not bad bad ECU.
1: power, not missing, told above.
2: CkP crank sensor, dead, but I have seen the car start and run with no CKP connected, but gee, again not seen every firmware revision on any 96_+ ECU, so.....
3: CMP cam sensor in dizzy, kills spark dead, so if spark is dead, the FPRelay will be dead, and by law, this is the no crash and burn code (firmware in all cars made EFI) check spark 1st ok?
cranking check spark
4: test the FP relay cranking, who knows maybe your car has some queer software running that acts like our 1990 sidekicks all do. you must CRANK it to test spark and fuel pump actions.
5: TPS inputs wrong, The MAGIC TP PIN is 1vdc no where near 3.5v or above, 5v is max or what ever 5vref is,4.75v is MIN for REF pin. Vref max is 5.25v, per the FSM, pages. and is true.
6: I can not think of any thing else that can kill the Pink wire dead, most times its hotwiring the FPrelay boom , blows out PIn wire transistor driver dead.

ill will study the page on your ECM more today, and noodle all possibilities.
if the OP hacked wires at point X , I then think gee where else did the mad man hack away, unseen in body panels off. etc.....

this Ecu has no FP relay failure tests like jeeps have,
nor has Fuel pump fuel pressure sensor to fail that via DTC or compensate for weak pumps or clogged filters as new cars have, fuel pressure is the mechanics job to cure. but we cant get there yet, FP Relay is dead. and is pink wire dead.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel pump problem-no three second prime or purge - by fixkick - 11-27-2018, 08:58 PM