Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump problem-no three second prime or purge
Ok, it was a very long process, but i have reference voltage fixed, a working CEL and no codes . Codes properly show when a sensor if disconnected. (ie. Remove IAT connector, CEL light comes in and reports the bad sensor.

Fuel relay still does not turn on, ECM(pink) shows 12v when fuel relay should be working. ECM pink does not go to ground as it should to trigger fuel pump relay. (instead goes to 12v)

Also of note, the REV limiter is no longer working. ECM used to cut injection around 6.5k RPM. ECM no longer cuts engine at rpm limit. RPM can go above 6.5k(bad for engine i know). This rev limiter was verified working before fuel pump relay problem.

5v reference solution below**
The previous owner drilled through the lower drivers kick. panel and used a standard 3/8" bolt to secure the bottom door hinge. Great idea!!

The down side was that they drilled directly through the harness. They actually took the time to repair the damage to the harness however in there efforts they crossed the grey/red fuel pressure sensor wire with the seat belt grey/red in the body harness .

The problem was easy to find, but difficult to diagnose. I found continuity between grey red at ecm rear harness connector and the ground loop behind right signal light, but wires did not touch our cross due to damage.

This did not make sense because on inspection wires were not damaged. Further inspection showed the old owners mistake. Cross wiring body harness grey/red to ECM harness grey/red while repairing his drill damage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel pump problem-no three second prime or purge - by Zook.dawg - 11-27-2018, 02:07 PM