Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump problem-no three second prime or purge
Car runs good only witg test fuel. Also runs good with fuel pump relay (pink black) directly wired to battery+ with FP relay removed.

Car cranks and turns over good. 12.6v at battery +

Quote:i do not understand these 2 links (heard? is what you meant, closing?)
FP relay not closing.
Seeing 4.65v at ecm pin for three sec at key on the 0v with relay disconnected. (what Pin what color wire) my wild guess, is the solid pink wire, relay to ECU?

FP relay not closing.
Means relay is not working, or passing power to fuel pump. No click felt it heard. No fuel pump prime.

Quote:Seeing 4.65v at ecm pin for three sec at key on the 0v with relay disconnected. (what Pin what color wire) my wild guess, is the solid pink wire, relay to ECU?

Because the relay was not working, I removed the relay and tested continuity on the pink wire(pin) from ECM to Fuel pump relay. Meter shows good continuity.

While i was AT THE ECM I tested pink wire with Fuel pump relay removed from its socket. Results-pink wire showed 4.65v for three second key on....I Expected 0v at key on, then a float to 12v

I will go to the car now and test Fuel pump Relay voltages with key off, key on for three seconds, and after.

Thank you for your knowledge, experience and willingness to share. I have used your site, schematics, and forum advice to others for years. Fixed many cars with help from your pages and posts.

Checking now

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel pump problem-no three second prime or purge - by Zook.dawg - 11-17-2018, 05:01 AM