Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timing belt issue ...need help big time!
(11-06-2018, 10:13 PM)fixkick Wrote: short answer, belt on now
turn crank bolt CW so cam goes to E mark 12pm is at the top notch on the upper back pan
is crank TDC marker at 12PM oil pump mark arrow?
yes, end story.
no, do over.

Dear SideKick:
First I like to thank you for being so nice to all of us GEO /Suzuki owners and thank you for sharing your vast knowledge about these little remarkable and reliable machines, which you have to own one to appreciate.
At this point the old timing belt is off however I did mark the location of the belt when it was still sitting on the cam sprocket in order to put it back in the exact same location if I had to. The Timing belt tensioner is also off, since with the new timing belt I was planning to change it to a new tensioner.
So please correct me if i am wrong! MOVE 1: you want me to put the timing belt back-on as it came off! then rotate the crank pulley with the 17mm CW until the Sprocket moves 1/2 turn from 6 hours to 12 hours with the E MARK aligned with the top marking as you described in your instructions!
MOVE2: Once the sprocket moved to 12 hours alignment which means btw that we are at #4 firing (and I will BLOW tested it once there), look back at your crank pulley make sure it is aligned with the arrow marker at oil pump. if yes DONE!!!! if not crank until both the crank and the cam aligned...! am i correct?
IF CORRECT, please let me ask you:
1. in order to do the above procedure do I need to reinstall the tensioner or I can carefully do it without the tensioner. For example i can ask my son to pinch the timing belt in the center to create a fake tension while I slowly and carefully rotate it.
...I am very great full for your expertise and your timeIdea
THANK YOU SIDEKICKAngel...
Sincere
Thomas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timing belt issue ...need help big time! - by Thomas69 - 11-07-2018, 03:43 AM