Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995 sidekick ac
I just bought a 1995 Suzuki sidekick and the AC stoped working the next day. I got a set of gauges and put them on and put r134 with uv dye into the system after this I noticed the AC compressor wasn't running and got involved in troubleshooting this!
I ended up running a wire from my positive side on my batteries to the red wire coming out of the compressor and the compressor started right up!
Rather happy that I had traced my problem to a faulty relay I turned the car off and went online to find the relay after finding it I remembered the UV dye and took my blacklight out and was astonished to see just about the whole engine compartment glowed!
My question is should I wash all this off and repeat the test while watching or use another method ???
well there are many things that shut the clutch off, not just 1, you hotwired it proved the clutch is not bad ONLY.

the AC fuses,
The hi/low limit switch tripped, ( too much coolant, too little, R134) and it trips and there will be no AC at all.
The AMP logic modules purpose is to stop damage, to the compressor,and so is the hi/low swithc.
The amp shuts off the clutch, for too hot engine, wide open throttle, cranking and any engine overload.
The AMP also shuts it off for evaporator core ICE UP.
That dye seen , hints that there is some huge leak....
see your 95 schematic here.
http://www.fixkick.com/air-conditioning.html

see the amp pins, all arrow pointing to the left there, are all things that can shut off the clutch
and the RED wire fuse.
F12 fuse

or with a voltmeter. AC on.
the relays 4 pins.
red 15vdc, if not fuse blown.
blue-black 15v. (14.7 is common) (this pin fails if either pin below fails)
yellow 15v, if 0 the hi.low is tripped or 12vdc fuse blown
if pink is 0v then clutch energizes. (amp at 12vdc here is amp sees problems, meter to each pin on amp tells you which it is.

and the hi/low pins yellow at 15v. 15 running is alternator output, normal. (0v means hi/low tripped, if you over change the system it will trip and make less cold air)

keep in mind, if the AMP is bypassed you can kiss off the compressor. That amp is the guardian angel to it.

in all cases, (sure see why relay is off) but we make sure the system is not leaking then make sure charged correctly and not overcharged.
http://www.fixkick.com
Thank you so much for taking the time to give me a complete answer I will get out my voltmeter and go to work

(10-11-2018, 03:46 AM)fixkick Wrote: well there are many things that shut the clutch off, not just 1, you hotwired it proved the clutch is not bad ONLY.

the AC fuses,
The hi/low limit switch tripped, ( too much coolant, too little, R134) and it trips and there will be no AC at all.
The AMP logic modules purpose is to stop damage, to the compressor,and so is the hi/low swithc.
The amp shuts off the clutch, for too hot engine, wide open throttle, cranking and any engine overload.
The AMP also shuts it off for evaporator core ICE UP.
That dye seen , hints that there is some huge leak....
see your 95 schematics here.
http://www.fixkick.com/air-conditioning.html

see the amp pins, all arrow pointing to the left there, are all things that can shut off the clutch
and the RED wire fuse.
F12 fuse

or with a voltmeter. AC on.
the relays 4 pins.
red 15vdc, if not fuse blown.
blue-black 15v. (14.7 is common) (this pin fails if either pin below fails)
yellow 15v, if 0 the hi.low is tripped or 12vdc fuse blown
if pink is 0v then clutch energizes. (amp at 12vdc here is amp sees problems, meter to each pin on amp tells you which it is.

and the hi/low pins yellow at 15v. 15 running is alternator output, normal. (0v means hi/low tripped, if you over change the system it will trip and make less cold air)

keep in mind, if the AMP is bypassed you can kiss off the compressor. That amp is the guardian angel to it.

in all cases, (sure see why relay is off) but we make sure the system is not leaking then make sure charged correctly and not overcharged.
[quote='desparado' pid='10398' dateline='1539279611']
Thank you so much for taking the time to give me a complete answer I will get out my voltmeter and go to work

tell me your voltages on the relay first.
and for sure check both fuses, first , then the voltage on the HI/low switch, 12vdc both pins.
keep open mind and closed pocket book until we find true cause, the voltmeter will not lie to you.
what if it's only missing fuse.
will do might be a few days laying my bike down and it landed on my foot 600 lbs it smarts
(10-13-2018, 04:18 AM)desparado Wrote: will do might be a few days laying my bike down and it landed on my foot 600 lbs it smarts

I did that too, offroad, foot 100% purple , end to end. pain huge, could not put foot on ground for 30 days.
foot, 350lb bike, rock huge, granite
foot loses...
mend fast ! get well soon and god speed.