Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater fan Motor
piggy backed poster, ok. but>?> what car is it? exactly. ok we now know that.
the bad resistor is real and is bad, and if not loose on its screws will not make noise.
is the noise only present with blower on (unstated and you show blower concerns )?????
seem not engine itself not making the racket,
why say its not mechanical, when it is, that, even a relay clicking is 90% mechanical (look inside one see that)
but fast RPM causes to start up , the noise but RPM frequency is not related to the ticking noise frequency rate. (that is very good evidence)
yes this car in USA has a relay bank now fitted to the right side of the blower housing behind the glove box (RIGHT SIDE USA) and those relays can tick, no they are not supposed to except KEY ON time.
if the blower is packed in leaves and mice nests the blower will make noises turned on but not off. This car has no AC, so junk any junk even hornet nest can go down the top cowl vents, below wipers and to the air pipe top right side is a thing called a coffer dam to keep water out, and inside this pipe, junks FALLS there, and to the heater core or all points from there to the dam up top. that is the path I see full of junk all the time. and can make noises.
one more test, try all setting lever locations on the heater controls see if one allows noise to happen , both fan on and off. (blower)

In the USA we have left hand drive, and the heater is on the right side, passenger side, In UK the opposite is try (vitara RHD)
IS/ was the blower turned on? and blowing with the NOISE PRESENT?
redux 1,
2wd 2door, no AC, with 5speed, no autolock doors or windows elect.
how to remove blower motor mutates to only noises.

Noise diagnose is not easy, after all there are 3000 parts that can fail or get loose
what matters only is location and is as yet unknown
it some times makes noise parked,
engine running only yes , (i guess)
is blower fan on or off, when noise happens (unknown yet)
gears in neutral and foot off clutch pedal ever set free play on the pedal, if not the throw out bearing goes bad and makes noise. The clutch will fail if freeplay is not MAINTAINED.
we know now (at least) it is not a car moving failure for these parts, transmission gear, ujoints , well bearings, brakes, or axles bad nor suspension bad,, at all none of that bad.
we dont even know if it is in the cab or outside noise, like cracked tins on the CAT shields. (and only make noises at odd RPM's)

Nor if dash noises,? proven using tests to prove that, best done by 2 persons but one is ok parked, but moving takes 2 or huge safety risk, testing alone, oK?
Gear shifter rattle>?
or air vent flapper adjusts bad and making noise, as many do this old
most cars this old have many noise makers, for lots of reasons, even things (parts) put back in the dash wrong, or loose or not clamped down or screws loose or missing, 3000 parts in the car and huge potentials for noise.

so location is unknown, lacking that key fact it would be very hard to find source
I use a rubber hose to my ear as 2nd person, not driving but me with hose finding if noise is under dash. free of cost if spare hose laying about.

end redux 1.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Heater fan Motor - by Seberth - 10-01-2018, 07:24 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 10-01-2018, 09:48 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by sina27 - 12-19-2018, 05:30 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-19-2018, 06:28 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by sina27 - 12-19-2018, 11:55 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-19-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-19-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-20-2018, 03:11 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-20-2018, 03:18 AM