Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struts for 2" lift!
I have a 1991 sidekick 4 door used as a woods vehicle.  I plan to put a 2" puck lift with longer shocks on the rear, but I am confused as to whether people use the longer struts or OEM length struts!   I have read the FAQ and tech papers on all the vender websites, and it seems that OEM length is recommended for the struts.

Is this due to the IFS and/ or the puck lift is more leveling than lifting 2", or do I need the 2"more or less strut extension with the lift?  Am I overthinking this? Confused Confused

I have a list of the compatible shocks.

Thanks for any explanation!
(05-03-2022, 10:22 PM)Hoopt Wrote: I have a 1991 sidekick 4 door used as a woods vehicle.  I plan to put a 2" puck lift with longer shocks on the rear, but I am confused as to whether people use the longer struts or OEM length struts!   I have read the FAQ and tech papers on all the vender websites, and it seems that OEM length is recommended for the struts.

Is this due to the IFS and/ or the puck lift is more leveling than lifting 2", or do I need the 2"more or less strut extension with the lift?  Am I overthinking this? Confused Confused

I have a list of the compatible shocks.

Thanks for any explanation!
Glad to see I'm not the only one who over thinks everything haha. I think you can get away with stock size shocks but you you will have better travel with the longer ones. Here's the page that helped me out, it has a bunch of options. I'm planning to do the same lift once I get everything else sorted.  Big Grin
http://www.zukioffroad.com/tech/suzuki-s...k-options/