Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1991 geo tracker doesn't usually start in colder weather.
thankz for quick reply fixkick...My 91 geo tracker is a 2-door convertible (have hardtop) automatic 4x4 1.6 L 8 valve engine. I bought it here in Canada, and have owned it for 20 yrs. I have done all those tests you speak of over the years. It has little or no rust, and rarely been off road in past. Last time I checked the wiring behind the taillight a few years ago when it wasn't running, was good. So I was getting power to that point. I was going to drop the gas tank again this summer, and check the wiring, and replace the fuel pump again just as a last resort, ( I was thinking a loose or bad connection or faulty fuel pump) but then yesterday it started up again and ran perfectly. So, I was just wondering if this was a common problem, or if there was something I missed in regards to hot/cold weather starting. And like I said, I also sent my ecu in a few years ago to have it checked by the pros twice, and they said they fixed some minor things and rebuilt it the first time, and it also checked out fine the second time after that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1991 geo tracker doesn't usually start in colder weather. - by wildfire - 05-25-2018, 03:59 AM