Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1991 geo tracker doesn't usually start in colder weather.
boy im sure glad you did not just throw it all back and pray it works, you'd be real mad....

if you have a connector bad.
the connector has rust,
the rust conducts electrons, a bit. (not for squat really)
in fact a DMM meter there shows 12vdc (if on the non rust side, ecu side)
but under load side , the motor it reads 0v, .
that is what resistance is, just that. rust = resistance, in this case most are cause by copper oxide(green) or brass oxidized.more green.
what is the voltage at the a actual pump pins, (measured across them, I bet zero)
we then check for the voltage drop point in both paths ,both wires must conduct.
you could just take the 2 wires attach a lamp to it, a head lamp or large 12vdc lamp to those wires.
and it must glow full bright for 3 seconds, key on, and then full time cranked.
that proves the wires are bad and not the pump, use a lamp, (a head lamp is super good, as it matches the pump amp draw , about 5 amps.

that is all there is to it.
we can do the voltage drop tests too, using DMM meter, ask

conclusion:

Id say there is not 12vdc at the pump, with the key cranking,
with the meter across the 2 pump pin wires.
why take more testing.[/i]

cheers and good luck to you.

(07-12-2018, 06:47 AM)wildfire Wrote: hi fixkick...Well I sent my new denso pump which was missing the strainer back to amazon.ca(canada), and ordered another new beck/arnley pump from amazon.com (US) for 1/2 the price. Ironically, they sent me another denso pump with the strainer this time in a beck/arnley box, which was exactly like the one I just sent back the week before.
So after attaching the new wires to the assembly, I tried testing the new pump before installing it (as you recommended), by submerging it partially in a small pail of gas without the strainer and hooking the electrical connector back up to behind the bumper at the back of the vehicle, and had my wife turn the key on. "Nothing." not even a buzz.
I double checked again to make sure there was power going to the pump for the 3 seconds and there was.
What am I missing here... could this pump be a dud as well ?
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1991 geo tracker doesn't usually start in colder weather. - by fixkick - 07-12-2018, 07:54 AM