Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'94 Tracker hesitation/stuttering at low RPM smooth idle
the VSV all by itself , cycles.

you stand next to engine, hot or cold it does this.
it is idling,
you see the vsv is closed (zero vacuum to the modulator valve.
you then by hand raise the throttle by hand and the vsv goes nuts, right, starts chattering, that is the ECU messing up,
what is TOS, ive never hear that.? Terms oF service, Transmission Out of Service? are you outside USA>? Are in Canada or from there using terms only used in Canada?
or TOS is TPS? a TYPO,?
there are 3 valve in the EGR chain
VSV (EGR)
MOD
EGR main, so what does this mean.
I have totally disabled the egr valve still stutters( try to be exact you touch, )
OR THIS
I would still notice the stutter with tos unplugged
AGAIN WHAT IS A TOS.? I have never heard of that, its no ISO/ or ASE names..
the only facts I have so far are.
The VSV is acting nuts, when not at idle it is chattering,
and the idle switch is ok, TPS calibrated but the throttle bet by hand is raised alot and no way any Idle switch can stay up past say 1/4" throttle rotation by hand, inpossible.
in fact it opens (TPS idle about 30 thousands of an inch, very very very soon in throttle action
so what else can make the ECU mess up the VSV,
only one thin the corner CAP I told you was bad, never seen one not bad, (unless new ECU, or repaired by me,, or car stored in cold barn for 20 years) they all fail. every one does.
the cap is there to keep the 12vdc power system (and noisy nasty generator hash ) from landing on the ECU regulators.
when it fails, the regulators go NUTS, then the 5vdc inside the ECU goes nuts (noise = nuts) and then chips go nuts, and the ECU reboots over and over in this endless cycle of nuts.
they all do that every one, this old (sooner too)
what else, sure, the grounds bad to the ECU.
the stock car had a huge number of very important grounds, that are all lost do to engine swaps.

here they are.

see this table I made, its for fixing just that type of problem.
table 2 left side is your car, 92 16v
the first 7 , g100 down
http://www.fixkick.com/Good_Bad_Ugly/com...lures.html
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: '94 Tracker hesitation/stuttering at low RPM smooth idle - by fixkick - 05-08-2018, 06:17 AM