Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'94 Tracker hesitation/stuttering at low RPM smooth idle
do you have CAT, if not the EGR is useless, please answer 1 question, and the cat must be 1.6L sized not for 5 liter Cadillac )try to know I cant see under your hood on this custom car./)(.
the solenoid must not cycles at all parked idling, the idle switch is closed the ECU sees that and the solenoid valve VSV is closed.
If the valve stutters that too is wrong. (the ECU would be messing up if that happens.)
The VSV has 12vac (14v running) on one side of the coil in the VSV then the other wire goes to a transistor (seen on my ecu page) that turns on, and grounds this node
and the Valve closes, but never parked, at 800 rpm hot idle.
the EGR is dead on cold engine and dead, at idle and dead at WOT, and on newer cars dead not moving car (96+ up)
also there is no ported vacuum at idle to the VSS .
all i can think of is TPS calibrated wrong and the idle switch is at the hairy edge and opens and closes ever engine shake, this would do 2 bad things, make EGR nuts, and make idle controls nuts.

The VSV is open cruising, fo sure moving, and never WOT. so if it flutters that solenoid the ECU sounds to me, it has bad CAPS
we see that all the time up to 95 (including) and gets so bad all vsv on the car go nuts, and more.

idle switch bad, (set wrong) but not the cause moving, as all TPS switches are super open moving, the TPS guts inside would have to be cracked inside, as seen on my TPS page, guts.
or bad ECU and most times 99% bad caps. the corner cap wins the failure here.

with that cap bad the ECU reboots over and over like mag pie bird and VSVs reset each time. even ever 2 seconds,

the ecu is only programmed to open VSV on this car , off idle and cruise and never WOT. (a bad TPS will set flash codes, but you have 12s right?

i assume you found the DLC connector and use the paper clip to get the codes DTC right
or is these some custom car with custom harness lacking all that GOOD stuff????? i cant see it ,so.... what is there, is any ones guess.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: '94 Tracker hesitation/stuttering at low RPM smooth idle - by fixkick - 05-04-2018, 04:59 AM