Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Carrying spares for a MPI 1.6L?
04-07-2018, 06:39 AM
Carrying spares for a MPI 1.6L?
What spare parts or tools would you recommend I carry for my 1999 Chevy Tracker with 145k miles? We use it for backcountry touring when visiting out West in Colorado, Utah, etc. We are not hardcore four wheel drive folks. We mainly drive Forest Service, gravel county roads, or the easy stuff at Moab when back country touring . My Tracker is a stock '99 2 door, with a MPI 1.6L, 5 Speed, and x-transfer gear case.

Thanks for your feedback,

Joe Tracker,

BTW - I will be carrying my new Innova 3160 scanner with me regardless!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2018, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 07:21 AM by fixkick.)
RE: Carrying spares for a MPI 1.6L?
it put new thermostat in it. (coolant) and makes sure its at 50% water mix)
Can of fix a flat?
jack works,
tire lug wrench not missing.
spare air filter. (case dust kills the old one fast)
GPS of some kind.
timing belts cam super old now. 60,000 miles max, 100k miles is pushing luck big time. (keep old hidden in car somewhere)

http://www.fixkick.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2018, 04:05 PM
If you’re planning a bicycle tour, you are going to want to make sure you pack some extra tubes. Like many aspects of bicycle touring, the answer to this question depends on a number of different things.On most of my long distance bicycle tours (where I was on the road for a month or more), I was carrying three spare tubes with me at any one time. When I got a flat tire, I didn’t have to bother with trying to patch the flat. Instead, I just pulled out one of my spare tubes, threw it in the tire, pumped it up, and was off and riding in just a few minutes.On some of my shorter tours (a week or less), I’ve carried only two spare tubes with.

best essay writing service company
Find all posts by this user
04-19-2018, 09:06 PM
when I was young ,carried, patch kits. and tire pump with frame mount..

http://www.fixkick.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user