Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch pedal bushing?
(02-01-2018, 12:20 AM)fixkick Wrote: only suzuki made those

my clutch page (start at title logic) (type clutch in my search page land here)

http://www.fixkick.com/tranny/clutch/clu...-kick.html

did i bingo?
hope it makes for fast cure. Cheers.

PS

next my guess is you will ask for cable.? sure, cant blame you,. search
CABLE CITY.
bingo.

You were right, clutch cable.

Sorry for lack of update here, *greatly* appreciated the information. Got a new (old) 2006 Honda Pilot which took the urgency off.

Lesson here for me is (maybe) don't assume the worst. (bushings).

Yesterday, finally, after some warm weather and some resolve, I got the year old cable out…

I lubed the PRIOR OEM dealer cable I'd gotten long ago, and filled it up with some oil for now until I can get a new one…and installed.

That pedal moves like butter now, other than for the clicks.

The clutch pedal without a cable on it does still make 3 clicks going from up position then down to floor. I wonder if it is just a spring in the assembly moving during the range, or would that clicking be the bushings? There's not much play in the shaft if I wiggle it though.

The new cable which was binding, I put on last year with the transmission overhaul and it was claimed to be a Beck-Arnley and it was smooth initially, but I think it got bent up at the wire-clip holders under the radiator, suffered that pinch? That's what it looks like visually. Also, under the car there, the connector part there was bad corroded.

Anyhow, sorry for late update, hope you are doing fine.

Fixed up the worn out turn signal contact with solder also…dang if that didn't fix the horrible left turn signal to perfection, and now the right turn signal buzzes! So, will have to pull it again, and finesse it. Could be too much grease is in the way still, or the solder needs to wear in some there, which it will eventually. If you knock it on hard, it works.

Anyway, clutch cable WAS the problem for sure, but not sure my bushings aren't bad, have some used on the way. Still checking if the clutch cable was also the problem with my reluctant second gear change…hard to tell now that the weather is warmer and it shifts better being warmer anyway.

Car always starts even after sitting for ages. If I had a new 5th gear and a cluster shaft, I'd fix it back up and get rid of the deafening whir at speed and enjoy. Especially since I got a new top on Ebay, that makes it perfect now…my self-refurbed one was just leaking too much. Best $150 spent ever.

Only other problem my Tracker has is that say you park the accelerator at a set speed going down the road under not much load (2nd gear, say), the engine makes the drive tain surge back and forth in a kind of oscillation, fairly quick period 4hz?…have read about that on here before, but don't recall what fixes that. Being under load or accelerating corrects.

rc

Messages In This Thread
Clutch pedal bushing? - by GeoHacker - 01-30-2018, 10:25 AM
RE: Clutch pedal bushing? - by fixkick - 01-30-2018, 12:50 PM
RE: Clutch pedal bushing? - by GeoHacker - 01-31-2018, 02:37 PM
RE: Clutch pedal bushing? - by fixkick - 02-01-2018, 12:20 AM
RE: Clutch pedal bushing? - by GeoHacker - 04-13-2018, 11:41 AM
RE: Clutch pedal bushing? - by fixkick - 04-13-2018, 09:10 PM