Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parasitic drain and no radio, not sure where to turn.
Ok I think I'm closer to finding the drain but I'm not liking where things are headed.

I used my meter as a fuse in place the of the tail/dome fuse. I got a reading of 00.9 with my meter on "200m". This reading is with the radio and dome light bulb removed. My relays look different than the ones you posted so I never messed around with them. Need to look into it a little further.

I did start pulling plugs from the ECU though. If I pull the plug closest to the driver (or the left if looking at the ECU inside) the meter reads 0, if I replace this plug it goes back to 00.9 on 200m setting. It doesn't start, only cranks with this pulled (surprised? no).

I'm not very fluent in reading currents, so am I right to read this as 0.9 milli-amps then? How can a drain so small make a test light so bright and drain my battery??

If I test with my meter from the negative lug on battery to negative lead I get the same drain, but get 0 with tail/dome fuse pulled. At least it still starts and drives with just the fuse pulled.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parasitic drain and no radio, not sure where to turn. - by Perry - 01-24-2018, 11:20 AM