Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1994 suzuki sidekick 16v wont start
did you crank for 5 full seconds? code 41 or 42 take long cranking in the book for the car it tells you how many RPM spins that is, its like 5 full crank shaft spins. but as human i cant count that fast so use 5 seconds as a test rule. (1 potato 2 potato to 5) and release key see if 41 or 42 blink? that is how it must be done. or you miss the boat.
5 spins a second is par , it may take 20 pins or 4 seconds or 25 spins for 5 seconds, see? the book tells this but i do forget the exact number the book.
10 years ago , i forget?

the cap /rotor do not make spark the coil does and you said its dead. the coil is DEAD you said,

and the test (coil tower HV >>>.test spark wire>>> tests spark plug>>>spark gaped to .028" >>> spark plug shell grounded is the test.
this failed failed.
and that means
1 coil bad.
2 ignitor bad.
3 or bad ecu
4 a bad cmp?, bad cmp will be missed dtc seen, if you dont crank long enough. to get the DTC error for CMP dead.

Test the CMP pin with voltmeter (needle kind) set to volts, black to ground, and red to output pin CMP. crank see the needle wag 0 to 5vdc over and over. a good CMP
then we remove it from the list above.

code 42 is bad cmp
gee, unplug the Distributor, lower , case, low voltage connector,
crank for 5 full seconds
release key ,do not turn key OFF yet.
see 42 flash?, see the ECU is not blind to bad CMP. dead. Ive never seen and ECU be dead this way. (well with power on 3 pins to ECU)
now put the cable back to casing plug,
crank again same way, 42s gone?
sure they are?

do not run lacking the DOME fuse or the ECU will not remember DTC errors, key off.
FI and IGCOIL and DOME fuses all must be good.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
1994 suzuki sidekick 16v wont start - by pen25 - 12-18-2017, 01:48 PM
RE: 1994 suzuki sidekick 16v wont start - by fixkick - 01-12-2018, 04:03 AM