Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High idle regardless of whether it is cold or hot
no power to climb steep hills
well gee that is normal with 95HP and 2000lb 2door. on PETROL and less on LNG.(or propane, butane or what ever) LNG is liquid natural gas also called Methane) LNG is dirty methane. (we swim in this in Texas, 100+ year supplies of LNG)
but the first test is fuel pressure , swapping parts blind does not fix cars
tests do.
unless super super lucky.
what is fuel pressure, at idle and WOT for 1 second , wild man hand on throttle valve.
it must rise 6psi as you do that. or you will never have full power ever. a fact, and can be a bad FPR.

if the map tests ok with a volt meter then its OK. removing a $1000 USD MAF and stuffing a $10 china in, is prime way to have 2 problems.
for sure. and is why guessing is never ever a good idea.
i have a maf page, shows all facts in the FSM book and not.

low power on PETROL mode. 16v MPI only.
1: low fuel pressure or bad fuel. 30psi is good, and rises 6PSI at WOT, if not, there will be now full power. ever.
2: wrong fuel cap and tank NOW runs with a vacuum(and must never) and #1 happens.
3: it's not a lack of air, LPG is ok nor CAT clogged or LPG would fail again.
4: the MAF is dead/weak, or the ECU in limphome mode, making MAF seem dead but is not. its limphome mode. and will have huge giant power loss in LIMP. mode. for sure.
5: Clogged injectors, (im ignoring all your posts here and listing ALL THINGS)
6: FPR stuck open causing #1 ( redundant this is to #1 ... but there I went)

that is all i can think of for gross MPI Petrol power loss. (LNG ok)
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: High idle regardless of whether it is cold or hot - by fixkick - 11-08-2017, 04:03 AM