Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High idle regardless of whether it is cold or hot
Hi to everyone! I'm new one here and first apologize for my english. Many useful information draw my attention when I tried to find solution for problem.

I have Suzuki Vitara 1995 1.6 16V, convertible, 178k km, MT, 4WD, built in Spain.
Engine have installed liquid petroleum gas which goes directly to airflow tube and on the same injectors as petrol. Usually people here install liquid petroleum gas (LPG) (0.6 USD/per liter) because it's twice cheap then petrol (about 1.2 USD/per liter).
When I bought it two months ago, fuel system was crapy and dirty. Engine shaked and got this ups and downs when idle running on petrol (1100 to 1800 rpm). He didn't have power to climb up some steep hills etc. When it's on LPG idle speed was normal (around 800 rpm) and got much more power than on fuel. It is very common problem here with dual fuel system (DFS) cars, because engine don't run much on petrol so whole system get rusty and stuffy. So I decided to fix things up with fuel system, low RPMs, gain more power, low consumption etc.

First step - ultrasonic cleaning of injectors > result: some 20% better performance when accelerating and stabilize idle speed without ups and downs (on LPG > 800 rpm, on FUEL > 1200 rpm). So, didn't solve problem with high idle rpm on fuel.

Second step - changing spark plugs (NGK) and fuel filter (JAPANPARTS). > result: beast reborn - much better performance on the road driving on both systems (fuel and lpg). Still have problem with high rpm's on fuel.

Thirds step - using EGR spray to clean airflow and EGR and physical cleaning of throttle. So throttle was dirty (black fat like things in)> result: maybe some gain of performance but now engine goes way to high even on LPG.
RPMs on fuel - around 1800 (hot and cold either), on LPG - 1000 (hot and cold either). LPG has it's own idle control valve and can easily switch to lower rpms but I still have problem with fuel.

Now i doubt on two things that pushing ECU to idle so high:
- vacuum - false air (don't know how to solve that)
- some of the sensors (MAS, ICS etc).

Did someone had similar trouble?

Messages In This Thread
High idle regardless of whether it is cold or hot - by dell_mare - 09-20-2017, 11:48 PM