Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J18 MPFI - TPS % value at warm idle
(08-27-2017, 02:59 PM)t3tom Wrote: Thanks for your reply and detailed Info! I learn a lot from your website and appreciate what you do for us Suzuki enthusiasts.

The label on the TPS % parameter says "Absolute Throttle Percentage %" on my scanner screen, so I assumed it was not a relative corrected value. My J18 engine control components look just like a transverse FWD version of the Sidekick Sport with the same engine.(as shown on your J18 info page).

Both the Esteem and my Swift have cable actuated throttle valves.

When I bought this car used, it drive differently than my Swift, in that during shifts, the engine had zero dash pot effect. Ie revs dropped immediately to 750 rpm when lifting off the gas pedal. Also, engine braking was quite pronounced in gear, for the same reason. I thought this characteristic was like the old pre-emissions cars where engine revs responded instantly to gas pedal inputs.

So I guess what I am intetested in is if my engine was a J18 Sidekick Sport, should the engine respond the same way? Ie. Revs drop to idle speed during pedal off shifts, and zero dash pot effect during in gear deceleration?

I will also read up on Palmer software and maybe getting a more capable OBD2 scanner.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
J18 MPFI - TPS % value at warm idle - by t3tom - 08-27-2017, 09:11 AM
RE: J18 MPFI - TPS % value at warm idle - by fixkick - 08-27-2017, 09:22 PM